Sunday, July 21, 2013

How to Buy Real Estate in Zion Canyon Area Utah




Marcia Pierce-Rasmussen Associate Broker:  My Story 

ERA Brokers - Hurricane
435-635-4636


Buying Real Estate...any Real Estate...can be an overwhelming and daunting task. Especially if you are a first time buyer.

Real Estate agents are there to help guide you through the process. They are required to take 120 hours of classes to understand the whole process from beginning to end. I remember graduating from the courses, passing my exams and getting my license in the mail and thinking “Now what do I do?”  My first client was a seller finance deal with very little down. I was such a “newbie”. I had no idea where to even begin. The classes were great for learning and understanding the concepts of Real Estate but did not teach the practical applications of working with all the emotions involved in any transaction and how to actually go through the process from beginning to end. 

I have been in the Real Estate business since 2000. I worked hard for and received my associate brokers license in 2007. I feel like I’ve been through the trenches and seen more things in Real Estate then I would have ever thought possible. Every time I think I’ve seen it all a new transaction occurs with something that I’ve never seen before and did not expect. At this point in my life, Real Estate has kind of become second nature. Someone very close to me suggested I start a blog that begins to explain the challenging prospect of buying (or selling, for that matter) Real Estate in the Southern Utah area, more specifically, Zion Canyon. Thus, our story begins...


How to buy Real Estate in Zion Canyon area

Step 1: Research the area

The first step in any purchase is to explore the area(s) where you want to buy a home and/or property.  Look around. Get out and talk to the neighbors, the town officials, folks that work at the neighborhood cafes. See what amenities are available in the area of your choice.

Make sure that you and your lifestylefit” in your chosen area. I’ve seen many buyers come to the Zion Canyon area because they "LOVE the mountains and Zion Canyon as well as all the recreational activities the area has to offer”. After a few years they put up a for sale sign on their home and move because they didn’t research the neighborhood to see if they “fit” with the people who live in the area. It could be almost anything. The neighbors, the wildlife, the wind, or the sun. It is a great idea to look at all the aspects of the area and try to picture yourself living there with EVERYTHING it has to offer.




Step 2: Hire a Real Estate professional 

Once you have made your decision on the location the next step is to hire a Real Estate professional. It is a good idea to research the area to find the agents who specialize in that area. I do not recommend using any Realtor such as your cousin up in Salt Lake to help you purchase a property in Springdale, Utah. I’ve seen this happen and it leads to many problems and potentially threatens your familial relationship with that person, all because you want them to get the commission check. 

Find the Realtors who specialize in your area and talk to each of them. Interview them. I wouldn't recommend quizzing them on the number of transactions closed and length of time in the business, but ask them questions about who they are. What are their likes and dislikes. What are their hobbies. Ask them how they would solve certain dilemmas. You want to make sure your agent understands your needs and has the ability to work for you. 

I have met many great agents out there. It is a pleasure to work with them in a transaction because they really work hard for their clients and go the extra mile to do everything they can to make sure each client is taken care of. I have met other agents who seem to disappear once the papers are signed and do very little else to earn the pay they receive. These agents, thankfully, are few and far between but they are out there.

If you want to ask for references from past clients just ask. Most agents will be happy to give you a list of clients they have serviced. You can also ask these folks how well they were taken care of throughout the transaction.

Next week:  "Financing"

For more information:

Marcia Pierce-Rasmussen 
Associate Broker
435-619-3069
ERA Brokers - Hurricane, UT
10 North 100 West
Hurricane, UT 84737
435-635-4636
Visit her on the web at www.zioncanyonrealestate.com



http://zioncanyonrealestate.com/property-details/1640_acre_kolob_road_virgin_ut/0_13-147173/

No comments:

Post a Comment